Active Hertfordshire Karate is very proud to have over 30 years in teaching quality Shotokan Karate.
We have built over 17 Hertfordshire based Karate clubs. To find one closest to you follow this link. http://www.ahk.org.uk/our-clubs/
As well as learning Shotokan Karate we invite you to take advantage of what Shotokan Karate can offer you. Below you will find the Dojo Kun, which is the code all of our students abide by. This code can be implemented to all aspects of your life. To find out how to pronounce them, please follow the link. http://www.ahk.org.uk/our-story/dojo-kun/
Dojo Kun/Dojo Code
1. Hitotsu! Jinkaku kansei ni tsutomuru koto!
2. Hitotsu! Makato no michi o mamoru koto!
3. Hitotsu! Doryoku no seishin o yashinau koto!
4. Hitotsu! Reigi o omonsuru koto!
5. Hitotsu! Kekki no yu o imashimuru koto!
1. One! To strive for the perfection of character!
2. One! To protect/defend the paths of truth!
3. One! To foster the spirit of effort!
4. One! To honour the principles of etiquette!
5. One! To guard against impetuous courage!
We have had great feedback from our younger members that they like to learn Japanese.
Sensei Funakoshi also wrote: “The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of the participant.”
With all of our children classes we offer a Junior Achievement Program which is a voluntary character building activity linking the philosophy of our karate with community (dojo kun), home and school achievement and is rewarded by diplomas & merit badges which are worn on their karate suit.
As the most widely practiced style worldwide, Shotokan Karate is considered a traditional and influential form of karate.
To get involved with a club near you, regardless of age (5 ½+), fitness or karate knowledge, please get in contact with us via our website, http://www.ahk.org.uk/contact/ or call us on 0800 883 8803Read More