The 27th of March to the 2nd of April has been World Autism Awareness Week at school
Schools have been taking part in different activities to raise money and spread awareness of Autism.
It’s no secret that a traditional martial arts programme is one of the best extracurricular activities a child can participate in.
Over the years we have seen great results from children with learning differences both physical and mental that take part in our karate classes across all of our karate clubs in Hertfordshire. We welcome a conversation with everyone at our clubs and if you have a child with Autism then please do not hesitate to contact us https://www.ahk.org.uk/contact/
We will happily talk everything over with you in detail, how we can support your child to feel comfortable and possibly join our Karate classes.
A 2010 case study by the University of Wisconsin found that martial arts might be of benefit to some people on the autistic spectrum.
Our martial art is great for those who prefer not to be competitive and to work at their own pace because they it is an “art.” Our karate lessons let them express themselves and not feel like they are in competition with anyone else. The benefits include:
The benefits include:
- Consistency – Our Karate Classes are typically scheduled once a week at the same time. The moves we learn within the practices include a lot of repetition.
- Discipline – Martial arts promote respect in the practices and self respect (Developing sense of belonging and achievement)
- Concentration – Remembering each move requires complete focus. Often an attribute with learning differences.
- Coordination – Like many sports, martial arts help people excel physically.
- Fun exercises – While Karate is a serious practice, the way we teach our classes are fun and interactive.
- Confidence – There is personal gratification in succeeding in levels of karate and grading to the next level and being awarded the new belt colour as a symbol of personal success.
Your first class is free so call to book to come along and meet our team. We look forward to discussing with you. https://www.ahk.org.uk/contact/Read More